PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2022, 06:49
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Loofa
Tried the new Flybe this week with a total of four flights. All delayed, ranging from 45 mins to 2hr 54m on tonight’s LBA-LHR. All in all not great, one delay was Late inbound from Amsterdam, the rest staff/system/paperwork related. Total shambles at Leeds tonight with zero information relating to the rolling delay and only two Swissair staff on duty meaning they could only board one flight at a time, plus they had a cancelled TUI to deal with. The departure board didn’t even acknowledge a delay until 90 mins after departure time. Managed to get to Heathrow just before compensation would have kicked in! Can’t see me going near Flybe again for a while, their schedule seems to be totally unrealistic at the moment.
It seems to me the problems they have are the same as many other airlines currently (including regionals such as Loganair and Emerald, who have had similar delays on some flights over the last few days), but are exacerbated by the size of the schedule they are trying to operate with only 4 a/c, which currently therefore include some 8 and 9 sector days.

Apparently, there are further aircraft due to be delivered (including at least one last week) that have not happened/been delayed, which is contributing further to the current poor performance (I reckon about 50% are being delayed overall - 2 out of 3 of this morning's first flights are on time, but things generally slip during the day).