PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2022, 21:44
TimmyW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G-FORZ
Not sure about the Catchment argument at any regional airport, availability, convenience and price matter most to the majority. How many people from Yorkshire are using LHR to get to the States at the moment? It’s not convenient but it’s available. Wizz have timetabled availability, convenience and price but have not delivered. Who would book with them unless they were either ignorant of their performance on the DSA sun routes or be prepared for a gamble 50/50 that they’ll actually go? If DSA’s commercial obligations in return for exclusivity are to not allow competitors on the same routes, then good luck to them in attracting another carrier for the sun routes - one hopefully that can offer regular availability, convenience and price, and put DSA on the map for the immediate Catchment area and maybe a little further afield.
I live in Doncaster and I’m flying from NCL for my next holiday 😃
I said the constant cancellations would end in tears and was shot down. Fact is, some of the sun routes were departing a quarter full. Whoever falt that is, it isn't sustainable

Unfortunately I don't see anyone coming in, even in the long term to pick up these routes.

All the eggs are in TUIs basket. And if they ever get itchy feet, then it's game over for the passenger side
​​
In three years, I'll confidently say there won't be another based carrier at DSA

Last edited by TimmyW; 3rd Jun 2022 at 22:03.