PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2022, 20:57
Whitemonk Returns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions

I'll try and answer a few of the above.

Spain bases have been killed by Brexit unfortunately, most of the crews have moved to BRS I believe.

A320 at BRS? Not anytime soon, they will go to MAN and BHX first.

757 will always be at MAN and all 8 are staying for summer 23 hence the recruitment.

Random roster, ex RYR people tend to hate that part but I would hate their roster so it's horses for courses.

Leave system is great, between AL and RDOs you get over 70 days you can pick off, weekends in the summer are a bum fight but I find them pretty good at not rostering me every weekend. I have two on and two off in July, seems fair enough to me but people will always complain. The 9 day restriction in summer is a pain but if you add on your RDOs you can get a 14 day stretch if your in the top bid group. I like that after initial bidding windows it is instant, push of a button yes or no, no annoying emails. They gave us an extra 5 days this year on top too.

Sector pay is between 35 and 45 a sector plus duty pay of 2 something an hour. Captain basic is 115k plus profit share again from next year, probably 125k not including profit share for about 500 hours a year, not footballer money but for a few months of hard work and 7 or 8 months of fairly chilled out rosters it's OK. Pension 10%.

FO sector pay is about half of a Captain, SFOs are on about 85k not including profit share.

Company will hire both NTR and TR regardless of the number of TR applications, it's just what they do, they like the mix. One thing I will say is that if you will have a head start if you know someone internally, there is process for internal recommendations and nearly every FD I know will have recommended someone to be screened first.