PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 3rd Jun 2022, 12:39
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by peterpicklepeper
just to ask advice
I have interviews with some regionals and there asking if I have a record I got caught dui 25 yrs ago it doesn’t show on my record it’s gone but the job offer says I must list all crimes
plus my driving record is not to good either speeding but no tickets for 10 yrs should I tell them and possibly get no job or not tell them with chance of being found out and sacked
this isn’t fair I’m paying twice for my mistakes
Any suggestions
regards
Quite the conundrum. If it was simply a speeding ticket, I’d say you’d probably be ok but with a DUI you’re most likely going to be sunk. The one thing pretty much every airline will fire you for without thinking twice, is lying or being dishonest. You “could” leave it off your app but given the Australian thoroughness with records and red-tape, I’d be surprised if it doesn’t come up and then you’ll be out the door.
You never know until you try but I’m not sure there’s anything else you can do but be honest and work on a mea culpa that shows you’ve learnt form the experience and how you’ve changed as a person. Unfortunately, along with anything related to recreational pharmaceuticals, there’s a 90% chance you won’t get a job with a DUI on your record. Also, I’m pretty sure you have to list on your FAA medical, any DUI’s, so there are multiple apps you’d have to choose to either be honest on or falsify.

There’s a long history of pilots and alcohol and no airline wants to take the chance one of their pilots ends up on the morning news.