PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top Gun 2
Thread: Top Gun 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2022, 06:55
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Spaz, details here, page 34, the wingman returned to Tindal upon reaching min fuel, no mention of Gove. I see you have referenced the link yourself previously.

http://www.pigzbum.com/accidents/sif...he-evidenc.pdf

I have some extremely vague recollection that there was some problem with the Hornet pilot to airframe oxy connection at some time where it could become unplugged, may be the memory turning to mush. [mine is mush that is why I make BIG PDF ] Then again, perhaps he recognised the onset of hypoxia because of the now recognised issues with the on board oxygen generation system and removed his mask, who knows.
The BIGsPums PDF does say that mishap pilot was known to unmask upstairs - to me it would seem he regularly de-masked but this fatal time the pressurization was not working (finger trouble error on someone's part) so he quickly succumbed to hypoKiCK hypocia. {I did not know there was such duble truble}. Another reason why checklists are important along with SOPs. And I always had two visors down when possible.

Hypoxic hypoxia (hypoxemic hypoxia) : There is a lack of oxygen in the blood flowing to the tissues.

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 2nd Jun 2022 at 06:57. Reason: Hypoxic hypoxia symptoms