PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2022, 19:19
alfaaloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snr
You're right. The Industry has for too long relied on workers love of aviation to get away with ever eroding T&Cs, and with the forced break and change over the past two years, many are realising it's just not worth it. Personally, I'm early enough in my career that I was always going to come back, but if I was closer to retirement I may have thought twice about 3am alarms, working evenings and weekends, missing life events, no last minute leave requests, delays, disruption etc etc....
You’ve hit the nail on the head there. My aviation career began over 30 years ago, starting on the ramp, working alongside guys with 20 years service! It was a well paid job but companies come and go, always with lower Ts and Cs than the previous until we get where we are now. Even the love of aviation doesn’t cut it when you can’t pay the bills( or keep your eyes open after the 6th 3AM start in a row). Options outside aviation are plentiful with better lifestyle and reward than is currently offered unfortunately.