PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40 YEARS AGO TODAY - BLACK BUCK SEAD
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2022, 13:14
ancientaviator62

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a comment on the Vulcan div to Rio and a question. I was with 38 Gp EU at the time as a Hercules ALM examiner and one of our TOR's was to provide role advice to group staffs as and when required. One day a file landed on my desk. It was an account of a Vulcan div to Rio and the attempts to jettison the secret stuff. It had been sent to me for comment as the Hercules airdrop 'guru' ! I was astonished as I knew nothing about the Vulcan and even a cursory reading revealed what a great job the crew had done in exceptional circumstances. I took it in to my boss who read it and told me to leave it with him. About an hour later I was told to forget that I had ever seen the file ! (Shades of my Easter Island imprest) I never did find out why we were asked to comment nor why any comment other than 'very well done' was needed.
The question is this. According to my log book we took XV 294 from Dakar to Rio on July 29, 82 then back to Dakar on July31, 82. I have a vague notion that it was something to do with a Vulcan but as this distance in time my memory is not what it used to be. Can anyone shed any light on this ?