PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD command jobs in Japan???
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2004, 07:06
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"a full Japanese ATPL course, as well as a type rating course"
That is a JCAB requirement, Shaman, so the answer is "Yes", even though they will take only type rated pilots, those pilots will still have to do a FULL type rating course again, including simulator.
In effect, the mindset here is that any flying done outside Japan doesn't count and you will be treated as an ab initio.

Subsidised housing
The accomodation made immediately available will be the company shoebox-size apartments - big enough for a spouse. I understand that the MD guys are going to have to purchase all of their own furniture and appliances, which will set them back around USD10k for the basics - fridge, washing machine, gas cooker, microwave, bed, table & chairs, heaters, air con. The cost of living in the company shoebox is approx. USD600/month.
If one elects to live away from the stalag, you will receive approx USD600 per month ( a reasonable house will rent at around USD3k), however you would be required to find a Japanese guarantor, and this company is unwilling to do that for you!

Foreign Worker's info is correct, although I hadn't heard the "POW" one before - but it doesn't surprise me!