PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2022, 17:54
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DP.
I can imagine the baggage system may have an impact, but I think it's a bold claim to suggest that it 'all stems back to MAG' and that it 'is not a handling agent issue' when we're seeing similar issues at other airports across the country, and the handling agents themselves acknowledge the staffing issues.
The entire industry is in collapse . Amsterdam and Dublin barely functioning,
The UK big four plus Birmingham all struggling at peaks
UK arrivals and passport holders causing havoc everywhere because of Brexit and ending of freedom of movement; EVERY lovely “blue” passport being stamped in and out -massive queues where prior there were none ( except perhaps when a Russian charter arrived)
Massive COVID lay offs post the ending of furlough, by airlines, handlers, fuellers, indeed MAG and OTHERS.
SOME continued isolation of positive cases.
Some countries in Far East retaining border entry restrictions.
Shed loads of people redeeming vouchers acquired over the last two years and all at the same time. Others in the millions trying to vanquish the effects of almost hibernation being enticed via stupidly low fares by the usual suspects (all in desperate need of cash flow revenues I might add)
Dreadful wages and a home office incapable of carrying out DBS checks for security critical roles within 8 to 10 week's
And you blame a few baggage handlers😠