PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boris and bilateral security assurances: Sweden and Finland
Old 31st May 2022, 16:29
Lonewolf_50

Received 415 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
The 1949 NATO treaty has no mechanism within the 14 paragraphs to throw out a member state. Any state can leave, they can't be pushed as such.
And they do need to give a one year notice of leaving.
Turkey's issues with Sweden and Finland need a face-saving solution for all concerned
Prediction: the Kurds will be hung out to dry, yet again.
Getting Turkey out of sorts is a complication, and Russia seems to be able to do that all by themselves in recent days anyway.
True enough.
There is absolutely nothing in the US INS regs that requires the USA INS or CBP etc to permit any official related to a terrorist state to enter or remain on US soil.
Now, if I was a US citizen, I would be having a word with my representatives and senators and giving them a question on why the Democratic party is happy to have representatives of a terrorist state as announced by the white house sullying my USA turf and drinking lattes and eating pizza in the big apple instead of having them man some BTR's and T-72's in their own land, where they are not considered to be terrorists.
While that got me chuckling, I am not sure if the political backbone to try that move is currently present. Check back in a month to see what has changed.

Now, if they do get the boot, make sure to fly them in a 737 Max (OK, ducking the incoming now!) to Alaska, and then across the Bering Straits to be delivered somewhere like Vladivostok. They can arrange bus fare home from there.