PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2022, 07:52
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns
The days of the average family going away for a two week summer holiday are over, I earn over 100k and I cant afford it. But you are incorrect in thinking it will stop people going away, people will shorten the trip to 7 or 9 days instead of 14.

And to the person talking about seeing posts on LinkedIn about new joiners already starting, they all are either the 90 or so ex TCX pilots who were let go during the pandemic coming back, or the pilot apprentice course that was canned at the same time. External recruitment starts in June.

Anyway its all a moot point if the airports don't get their act together and start getting in security staff and passenger assistance none of us will be flying anywhere!
Off topic but…..
Really!!! My Mrs possible earns around same as you so you taking home £6-7k a month? plus what your other half earns and you can’t go away for 2 weeks!!!

Obviously everyone priorities are different. I drive an old banger but we love our holidays and experiences. Just have to be savvy. Went to UAE for 8 days recently and spent under £4K all in. Flights were £990 for 2 adults 1 child 1 baby. Direct flights as well with the AD carrier. It was actually my Mrs boss who found flights for us. A guy who had a 7 figure bonus last year is more savvy than me.
Had car hire stayed in 4/5 star places and ate out every evening. We like to move around when away so drove to DXB went to WB, Ferrari world etc.
Ok I admit we often go away with no accommodation booked, we like to have options in case the first place is rubbish.

Your point on airports though yes it’s a complete disaster. I know a guy who is in security at MAN said it’s the worst year ever and we haven’t even hit summer peak yet!!!

It doesn’t take much for passengers to kick off at the best of times. Add this in to the mix and it’s going to be delays/diversions etc etc more added costs.

Edit:

Actually it was around £3.5k. Hotels still around same as what we paid now. Obviously it’s a million degrees in UAE so not an ideal time to go. Looked up a couple of Jet2 package deals to Turkey and I can get them cheaper but use J2 for the flights only.

Slight thread drift.

Airport queues/ flight cancellations all over the news this morning. TUI/BA/Easy being main culprits. Oh dear.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 31st May 2022 at 08:25.