PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 30th May 2022, 19:27
Desertboki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
SOOOO pretty much like any aviation job then!!!

I was extremely lucky/swapping left right and centre with my previous outfit to even get 1 day off for my Mrs bday for 4 years in a row. School holidays never ever. Maybe few days either side. Xmas off yes but that’s because the airport I was based from was closed so had to take either as holiday or unpaid leave if you used all your holiday up. This at a UK airline. Welcome to the aviation industry.
Yes you are correct it is far from ideal at the best of times. Flydubai is next level. I guess the majority of applicants would be from a low cost background. An normal roster would consist of a week of early reports and then a week of late reports . Say late reporting mid day till 4pm for multi sectors. I’m not sure if it has changed but 60% of flydubai is night flying. With the model before and currently I could general collect the kids from school or drop them off most mornings. In flydubai I just found myself sleeping in a spare room curtains pulled trying to rest for the next night duty. I was not fit to do the school run. I do agree again with you and school leave. I was able to get at least 2 weeks during summer break in FZ after a number of years. I believe that is not possible anymore.

Last edited by Desertboki; 30th May 2022 at 19:37.