PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 15:41
Whitemonk Returns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Pern
Well I could not agree more, I have had quite a few people in the SIM for refresher or help with an upcoming assessment. All are back in work so things certainly are looking up.

Not Jet2's or any UK airlines fault, but we have yet to see the true fall out over Brexit when EASA validation period ends in December. Could be interesting for the UK industry as a whole.

I am sure people are desperate to get away, the security guard at the building where I have my office, Glen would dearly love to get away with his wife and 2 children, but to Greece this year 2 weeks is £5k plus for anywhere nice, they are used to paying a 'few grand' but now its just too much. There are plenty like him
The days of the average family going away for a two week summer holiday are over, I earn over 100k and I cant afford it. But you are incorrect in thinking it will stop people going away, people will shorten the trip to 7 or 9 days instead of 14.

And to the person talking about seeing posts on LinkedIn about new joiners already starting, they all are either the 90 or so ex TCX pilots who were let go during the pandemic coming back, or the pilot apprentice course that was canned at the same time. External recruitment starts in June.

Anyway its all a moot point if the airports don't get their act together and start getting in security staff and passenger assistance none of us will be flying anywhere!