PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 06:55
Brian Pern

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Aviation is certainly picking up fast.
Let’s face it the UK is a crap holiday destination if you want sun, sea, cheap beer and food. Spain is not far for all of that. Family holiday to Wales last year for a week and it cost us around £2.5k all in, fuel, food, accommodation doing things. Could have gone 4/5 star hotel all inclusive to Turkey for that!!!
Well I could not agree more, I have had quite a few people in the SIM for refresher or help with an upcoming assessment. All are back in work so things certainly are looking up.

Not Jet2's or any UK airlines fault, but we have yet to see the true fall out over Brexit when EASA validation period ends in December. Could be interesting for the UK industry as a whole.

I am sure people are desperate to get away, the security guard at the building where I have my office, Glen would dearly love to get away with his wife and 2 children, but to Greece this year 2 weeks is £5k plus for anywhere nice, they are used to paying a 'few grand' but now its just too much. There are plenty like him