PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF announces Puma Replacement plan
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 04:35
chopper2004

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts
Blue Thunder replacement

Early morning musings and if there is any conspiracy theories on the upcoming procurement may I suggest a Crystal Ball or speak to a famous East Anglian UFOlogist from this region called Gary with the same family name as our famous Parliamentarian who both swung the Mace and Yeovil which has led to us being in this situation today lol. Maybe they are distantly related!!

Without stating the bleeding obvious that the H175M and AW!89 are less than ideal for what is expected of a true battlefield utility helicopter, and the obvious is the UH-60M/S-70i airframe! There is an old saying that 'one size' fits all with the 4/5 existing platforms. However one question keeps popping into my head and that is about the 658 Sqn AAC.

Unlike 160th SOAR Nightstalkers our 658 formelry * Flt has operated pseudo civvy airframes be it the captured Argentinian A109A or now 365N£...so for good reason their MO is blending into civvy world for the likes of urban assault / hostage rescue. It will give the game away if a Blackhawk airframe comes over the top to drop Herefords finest to rescue say a damsel in distress/ beautiful princess and her kids from the forces of evil. So maybe and a big maybe likes of an AW149 or H175M will do nicely ....

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers