PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2022, 23:27
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation is certainly picking up fast. LinkedIn as someone else said has seen a flurry of people posting they are flying again. Almost daily I see old colleagues getting jobs.

Retirements are still happening plus from my former outfit which went under I estimate 20% at least will never fly again. Other carriers I have seen on LinkedIn people have moved to other careers as well. Not many but some I never would have suspected.

Jet2 will be fine. I know a fair few who have holidays booked with them or have been and will be going again. People still want holidays, 2020 obviously a right off. 2021 was mixed with only higher earners travelling or people willing to go through the hassle of tests before travelling. 2022 from friends I know everyone is itching to get away or already been.

Let’s face it the UK is a crap holiday destination if you want sun, sea, cheap beer and food. Spain is not far for all of that. Family holiday to Wales last year for a week and it cost us around £2.5k all in, fuel, food, accommodation doing things. Could have gone 4/5 star hotel all inclusive to Turkey for that!!!