PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2022, 12:22
ImagineIf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NickBarnes
Agreed its recovering after the last 2 years and TUI is not on its own. But it is hardly doing any harm if people want to post about delays and operational problems. It's just a forum hardly going to damage TUI. This is an Airline, Airports and Routes section, so people are within their rights to post about it. You can certainly tell who works for TUI on these forums and other airline threads that's for sure.
Indeed, agree with eveything you just said. Nearly every major airline and airport in the UK and across world is struggling and recovering. After 2 years of stagnation and despite constantly promoting 2022 as the year travel bounces back... it seems the sector has been woefully underprepared and let down massively by other service providers and processes. That said, it's very clear that in the rush to recover and grow again, many operators including TUI have put on huge programs that they don't have the capability of delivering.

Yes we can see other airlines struggling, Easyjet and Jet2 among others but TUI are having truly awful delays here. People's holidays and flights going days late and sometimes not at all. Communication seems to be lacking and the issues snowballing.

I'm not a TUI basher but I do work in the industry and their on time performance is not the best. They operate a huge program with a modest size fleet, only takes 1 tech aircraft to cause a significant ripple effect. Prime example is the 787 fleet during the winter, the aircraft are utilised to the max on long haul routes and they simply can't recover the delays as the week rolls on. That same issue is spilling over into the summer and is amplified by the problems all airlines are having plus the failings of ACMI partners.

I do hope things improve, it's awful to think some people's first holiday in 2 years will start or end in chaos and its very damaging for the airlines reputation.