PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2022, 22:32
Lonewolf_50

Received 430 Likes on 271 Posts
etudiant, I have mentioned before my concerns with some of your softly presented apologia for the Russian position. I ask you to take a good hard look at your assumptions, and particularly consider Mike Snow's post in good faith.

It isn't just the Russians who do stuff like this.
As just one example: back in the mid 1990's, there were over 200 Iranian operatives in Bosnia supporting the Bosniak cause.
Hezbollah was begun as an Iranian supported local Sunni group in Lebanon in the early 80's. Little green men, and in that case, the green is the color of the Islamic revolution.
A variety of places on the globe have had over the years American, or French, or UK, or {pick a nation} enablers and assisters backing local resistance groups.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that the Russians would do a similar thing in a nation right next door upon whom they had designs and possibly nefarious intentions?
This is not rocket science. It's political science, 101.
Have you bought the Moscow line? If so, why?
I get Putin's (and Orban's) distaste for the EU. Hell, Brexit was a case of distaste for the EU. That concern, that aversion to Eurocrats, is hardly an excuse for an invasion of a neighbor.
Originally Posted by Tocsin
I know you want to refute 'etudiant' - but quoting it makes us who have put it on ignore have to read it's cr*p...
Fair point. (And I chuckled)