PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change of use from agricultural to *personal* airstrip
Old 27th May 2022, 10:05
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Your onto a hiding to nothing to do anything other than operate the 28 day rule. Bagby near Thirsk will be helpful to research. I do not know of any applications to establish a new airfield that are not met with fierce opposition. Authorities bend to this. It really can get vicious with claims that its the first step to a major international airport.

My advice is to keep to the 28 day rule, build a barn not a hangar and keep your aeroplane in the barn along with the tractor. No one is going to perch themselves at the end of your runway counting the days you fly. I have countless farming friends who do this and have done for decades with few problems. If you can arrange the runway to avoid overflying homes and others property all the better. Treat the local children and their parents for a ride to see their house, village and school from the air from time to time. Always operate with consideration to the local peace and privacy. Do this and then your unlikely to wind up the anti and have a hassle free life.