PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Juggernaut
Thread: QF Juggernaut
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2022, 01:59
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy
NJS has cancelled over 40 sectors this week due to lack of crew. Where exactly do you think these other operators are going to get pilots from?
The aircraft is being introduced over the next decade so the ramp up can occur gradually, but there’s enough expats and others who’d jump at the opportunity initially for a command. In the long term I foresee them moving to the system the rest of the world uses. Cadets trained as a multicrew airline pilots from the get go, do 5-6 years in the right seat then straight to left seat. They’ve already started this with the Academy system, that’ll be producing a few hundreds pilots a year at its peak, more than enough to feed the SH operation. Now go tell a prospective pilot in their early twenties they can fly a jet after training, earn $150k straight up as an F/O then $220k as a Captain, you’re not going to find any who’ll refuse that offer.

It isn’t fearmongering but an honest appreciation of the reality of the future as I see it. Right now the offer is to fly the A321 under virtually the same conditions as the 737. Those pay rates are almost double the Pilot’s Award rates. It’s a no brainer to me.

Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay

If QF want to give the entire new short haul fleet to another entity, they can go right ahead. NJS and SH are both being given the full thug treatment and neither are impressed. When the deal gets as bad as the mooted offer, other jobs start looking viable, even those outside of aviation.
“As bad as the mooted offer” - I don’t know about NJS but SH’s offer is similar to current conditions, with a few changes like assigning reserve coverage. They’ll be the highest paid narrow bodied pilots in the region. Definitely provides the opportunity for all the current FO/SOs to get promoted, which is where the biggest jump in conditions come.