PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Sahara Lands On WRONG runway !!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2004, 00:41
purr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nightrider

you are wrong I have known for many years the local who was also in the flt.deck

I have no idea about the NEPC or many other cases as you are stating nor have I mentioned it in any of the posts.

And if it interests you the guy flying the sahara plane was an expat.Could have been anybody for all I care .I rather learn than put other people down/show them in poor light.
As I understood in the Sahara case they were doing a NDB approach in restricted viz both the PARELLEL runways had their app lts. ON and they landed on the wrong runway.

The DGCA in India is doing a splendid job.The people there are very commited and open to ideas.

I for one am feeling quiet foolish even getting into this topic.mudslinging sickens me so I am not going to go further into this mess.
I am not Mr Know all sorry wrong number.

CHRYSE
I whole heartedly agree with you .Learning is a better option than criticizing .NDB approach with a satellite field does not appear to be a good combination.It is far safer to 1) come overhead and sight both fields first .2) Also, ask the controller when on finals if has you in sight on finals on the correct strip.
I usually do not missout the call CONFIRM YOU HAVE ME IN SIGHT incase he has not said it first.

Last edited by purr; 1st Jan 2004 at 00:55.