PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Juggernaut
Thread: QF Juggernaut
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2022, 15:01
DropYourSocks

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
I really think those days are gone, I noticed some pretty poor behaviour during the pandemic from a select few, however it’s every man for himself these days.

The worst I witnessed was widebody crews trying to do people like me, on a narrow body, out of my job. A group approached the union over that very matter. I have been here for xx years longer vs you have, I want my command back which I gave you when I left to go fly bigger toys. Nobody forced you to take an upgrade, I declined. One bloke told another captain here, to his face that he should be demoted back to FO from his recent command so he could get his old job back. We have no hope with snakes like this around the traps.
What you describe is literally how seniority is supposed to work, not the hatchet job VA did to the WB guys just because they were inconvenient. The training shuffle of downgrading everyone onto smaller equipment is supposed to be painful for the company, by design, to discourage mass redundancies. This is how seniority is supposed to protect your job.

But instead, VA got rid of everyone, regardless of seniority, who was an inconvenience for them... ie everyone who isn't a 737 driver. What then is the point of seniority if it doesn't protect your job, but still traps you to an airline? May as well have a merit based system at that point.

I don't work for VA either, I've made my bed elsewhere.