PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF Recruitment Ad.
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2003, 23:29
QuidProQuo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with us all pronouncing on recruiting adverts is that we all tend to be outside the target audience (16-24 year olds), have been in the RAF (or are still in) and think we know best. I, for one, do not know what makes an 18 year old tick - I know what made me tick at that age, but life and youth moves on. The RAF ran a very "bland" recruiting advert 2 years ago ( lots of pictures and film of people in an office) which loads of people said was c@£p - but it was the best ad the RAF ever had, despite the fact that there were no fast jets. Let's also not forget that the RAF is trying to recruit personnel to all branches and trades, not just aircrew. For some 42000 personnel (approx) flying a plane is not what they joined for! Overall, DofR do a good job and have managed to meet most recruiting targets recently. I know we all like to think we know best, but give credit where credit is due - the recruiters know who they are trying to recruit. The fact that we are all old and kn@&#ered is not their problem!