PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern 737-800 MU5735 accident March 2022
Old 24th May 2022, 03:21
FWRWATPLX2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the Utube video interview by Sky sNews:

Byron Bailey offering his two cents worth. Pffft! The guy is a media junkie, seeking fame, fortune, and mostly relevance. You mean simple business attire or a conservative business suit would not suffice for the interview, he has to impress by wearing a pilot shirt an Captain stripes, as if nobody would believe he is a Captain. Surprised he didn't occasionally flash his big watch, too. And, what is the largest aircraft he has served on as Captain? A clue, it has two engines. This quack used to write a column in 'The Australian' newspaper, but mostly a lot of b.s. and sandbagging Boeing. I would always send correct(ed) information to the Editor and let 'em know Bailey was full of crap.

Without complete analysis of the CVR and FDR, we do not know 100% what happened or who in the cockpit may have put the aircraft in the nosedive.

He talks about pilot salaries in China and Chinese cultural issues, but how would he know, if he has never operated there? At least, I can state for a fact I served as a Captain, in China, on China Eastern Boeing 737-800 aircraft and lived there full-time, nearly five years.

Be sure it was not me he was referring to in the video as his source.