PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:44
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OzzyOzBorn
Passed through Ronaldsway for a heavily-delayed IOM-MAN Loganair flight this afternoon / evening. The terminal became increasingly packed - standing room only - with three EasyJet flights and a Loganair Liverpool service also delayed. This presented one major problem: the public address announcements in the departure lounge were completely inaudible. Nobody could hear anything that was said ... shrugs and puzzled glances all round.

I asked one of the airport staff if they could ask for the PA volume to be turned up. But she said that this was a known problem ... the system was set to full volume ... staff have been begging the airport management to do something about it for ages ... but nothing ever happens.

People who had seats were reluctant to vacate them to check up on announcements, as there was no chance of getting those seats back again if they did. Once I got to gate for my flight, I learned that we had been offered refreshment vouchers by Loganair due to our long delay. First I knew of it. Never heard a thing! Assigned gate numbers were learned by word of mouth ... screens are not visible from some sections of the terminal.

IOM management. Can you listen to your staff and sort out your dysfunctional public address system, please. WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! AND WE REALLY NEED TO!!!
There is no management at Ronaldsway. There hasn’t been for several months. That’s why it’s rapidly turned into something from the Third World.

They have appointed a new Director today, but he won’t start until August!