PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Salary Review Time Again
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:10
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5star
Aiming. I know what i get in my bank account, ok! Working same amount as in the desert, but night and day difference as to how I’m treated…
Did I mention I did have housing in EK? Did I mention that I’m now subscribed to an official state pension system….
Nothing is perfect, but it works 100pct better (for me).
Schooling could have made a difference, but not in my case any more.

Left behind some great friends but would not return for a 1M dollars after my ‘fair’ treatment during covid.
Hey I was just being curious. I put it as a question but also info as that is how it has been explained to me by my accountant. When moving to a different country the financials have to be fully looked at fully. Obviously not the be all and end all.

The main thing is you being happy. When you are retired you look back and say ok gave it a go and didn’t work out rather than wonder what that would have been like?

I’m pretty chilled out but recently being from the UK I have had enough of the whole country. My cousin recently came back for a year from Australia to see family friends etc. She said her self everyone she has caught up with and the general vibe from everyone is we are all so stressed and depressed. Next 5 years are going to be brutal here financially. She can’t wait to get back.

Sorry slight thread drift.