PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hellasjet A320 over paris no com for 30min??
Old 31st Dec 2003, 21:28
skyslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rwy in Sight, thank you. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone.
Roxy, I have only operated to and from the previous Athens Airport, not the new one. Never to Thessaloniki, and never to Samos
Jericho, I was not shaming anyone on pprune, I was only stating the facts. Hellasjet pilots shamed themselves with their RT conduct and their behaviour on the radio and they did not need anyones assistance to embarass their company.
My posting was not to question Greek pilot's training, their flying abilities, or the country's ATC standards and safety history.
I did some research on their web site, and they are a new company, they just started over the summer, so they are not an old company with a proven record. They only fly to three destinations and they only have three aircraft.
My point was that they were rude and unapologetic to Gatwick director. They were arrogant and tried to blame Gatwick for their missunderstanding. (The madame on clearance delivery told me to climb 70, so leave me alone it is your fault.) was one of the comments. The RT is not the place to have an open discussion, nor is it proffesional to blame anyone. We can only show our company's ethos by what we say on the RT and other operators can only judge our operation by the way we conduct our RT.
Happy Landings everyone