PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Airport
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2022, 04:36
BO0M

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
100% agree MickG0105 ........I lived in the area for the best part of 10 years. BAC actually did a resonable job of consulting the communtiy and were down at the markets with their interactive bus every weekend. People here just wernt interseted and thought it wouldn't be an issue. Hamilton is a great example of this where people paid well over the top for new appartments that are now directly under the flight path.

As I said to the noise groups (but got trolled off FoolBook for it), instead of pushing for curfews and complaining seek ideas to combat the noise. In the US they insulate houses, sound proofing and adjust flight paths (slightly) to accomodate the community. It's a cheaper and more effective way of dealing with the issue becasue all BAC, Airservices and Airlines see are dollar signs. The bonus with such improvements to the properties is they actually become more livable.

Lastly..........the noise isn't that bad. The d&^kheads partying to 3am on a Thursday night down the road create more issues for my school age children and our quality of life than a 73 going overhead.