PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 23rd May 2022, 02:49
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
responses to my leeterbox drop

Whilst the level of support i received from my letterbox drop was overwhelming and I received many emails, it was inevitable that i would upset someone. Whilst i wont post all the emails on here, i will post two. The one negative that i received, and respectfully and apologetically responded to, and another one that showed just how effective an approach can be.

One of the positive emails.Hi Glen,

I got your letter in my mailbox recently.

And unlike many other election related junk mails, this one was particularly relatable.

I have read the summaries that you have provided on the PPRUNE forum, and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the way CASA managed this. The whole inconsistency between the different certificate management teams is just appalling.

As someone who is currently going through my early phases of my flight training (currently on RPL, then PPL), it really doesn't give me much confidence in CASA and the general aviation industry going forward.

I will definitely not vote for the liberal representative this time around.

I just want to thank you for raising awareness on this matter, and I really do hope that there are others who have read this and become more aware of the poor governing bodies we have elected into the system.

Regards XXXXXX

and to the one negative email i received

Glen,

I received your letter in my letter box today. Three things jumped out at me about it.

1. First, you actually had the courage to put your name on it. Well done!

2. I am continually surprised at people’s assumption that I could care less what they think. If I ever do, I would like the courtesy of them waiting for me to ask for their view.

3. More than anything, I am just plain staggered that so many people, you in this instance, believe they should share with me their view of what I should do (i.e. in your case “don’t vote for Gladys Liu”). Not only that, you took the time to type a whole page, print who knows how many copies and then walked around the streets delivering it. Seriously staggering!

I am happy for you to think whatever you like, and to do whatever you want (as long as it is legal and you don’t hurt people)………just stop telling me what I should do.

Vote for Gladys, don’t vote for Gladys, don’t vote at all…….I could seriously not care less. Just keep it to yourself, please.

I really gotta get a sign on my letterbox saying “no advertising material, no political material, no selfish diatribes telling me what to think or do, only letters personally addressed to me”…….and most times they are crap to.

Good luck with your crusade. I think you are going to get what you want, just please don’t think you need to share your joy with me.