PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 23rd May 2022, 00:26
Sandy Reith

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
New government

Originally Posted by Sunfish
Cold comfort, but with what is likely to come for GA, you may one day reflect that you are lucky to be already out of it.
Amen to that, although with hope springing in the first flush perhaps Glen will achieve some justice. Certainly there’s those of us that will be making very chastising statements about Glen’s case.

There’s no doubt that many MPs have not given sufficient weight to their duty of representing individual constituents. I’ve had personal experience from the Department of Immigration of bald faced lying which cost me $$, and even after the lie was exposed by incontrovertible evidence I’ve still not been recompensed.

This is Canberra I’m sorry to say and the solution is not yet another independent Commonwealth body, independent like CASA, some sort of commission to deal with ‘corruption.’

We need more people like Glen involved in the political process be it polling day, engaging with MPs, and joining political parties to push for a better and more accessible court system or funding and leadership in the AFP. Just spending the Commonwealth’s annual $45 million Ombudsman budget on our traditional justice system would do far more good than trying to graft the European inquisitorial system onto the British system.