PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2022, 13:41
John Marsh

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Herod
Gentlemen; this thread is rapidly becoming music to Mr P's ears. Let's lay off slagging other countries and being downbeat about the result. As for negotiating, I suspect Zelensky's final line is "you get out of Ukraine or we will, over time, grind you down."

The West is still united,albeit some giving more than others. Perhaps the arms being held back will prove very useful on the Finnish/Russian border.

Call me a deluded optimist, but I still believe that Ukraine is going to win.
Quite so! Let us not render the Kremlin's bots redundant. They do provide entertainment and an insight into Russian disinformation and propaganda techniques.

My understanding of the Ukrainian position is that ALL Russian gains in Ukraine must be relinquished - including those of 2014.

President Zelensky frames ultimate victory as the result of terms which will be set following the battlefield victory. This is a wise approach which shows attention to detail and an uncompromising attitude. Strength and resolve.

Strength and resolve...it would be good to see more evidence of that from Germany. With regard to helping the defenders of Ukraine.