PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern 737-800 MU5735 accident March 2022
Old 21st May 2022, 10:21
Stick Flying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WideScreen
We do have the situation of a complete recovery, as well an initial action to return to the original FL and then, things go haywire again. All accompanied by obvious attempts to "stay on course in a turbulent handling situation". This is not something that much compatible with a suicide attempt.
You'd rather interpret the 'limited use' Flight Radar information as indicating 'a complete recovery'. That's quite a bold assumption to make. That event (the reduction in descent and initial climb) could quite easily have been some form of oscillation due to the dynamic forces (completely outside the realms of any tested envelope) that lead to a further structural failure. Or a structural failure that then lead to an oscillation returning to the original steep descent profile.

All I know is the aircraft entered a quite extreme profile. The information in the open domain at present indicates no conclusive explanation as to why. The investigation team may have a lead on the causes. A 'supposed' insider thinks the team know the aircraft behaved 'as commanded'. I don't personally think that insider leak holds any weight. I still think there are many possible causes, and yes, suicide could be plausible in my opinion. But so could aircraft malfunction or pilot error.