PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern 737-800 MU5735 accident March 2022
Old 20th May 2022, 14:31
Stick Flying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WideScreen
Trim: I don't want to rule out the "control" through trim. The leaked message is just too cryptic to let it have been a "normal" yoke control of the airplane.

Investigation: There is probably not that much physically left to investigate, given the airplane is largely shattered in small pieces. So, it's largely only FDR/CVR.

What I am suggesting is, there are more tech ways to move the pitch control surfaces, than only the yoke and trim switches itself. Having an open mind to these aspects might be useful, instead of diving onto a suicide scenario.
You are missing the point. The leak suggested the "plane did what it was told to by someone in the cockpit". That would rule out runaway trim in my opinion. I will concede, the leak is no more reliable than a paper tissue condom.
Either way, runaway trim has a memory item drill. Given the demise of the Max, I'd have thought any Boeing crews would be pretty hot on that.