PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple Storage Conundrum
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2022, 13:58
Jhieminga

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
I don't think that what's under applications is from your phone. If you click on that line, you will see the installed software with the storage amount per application, these are the programs you have installed on your MacBook and the associated data. You can always clean up in that department if you want to, but if you want to save some space I would click on iOS files and see if you cannot clean up some of the backups in there. I tend to keep only the latest backup in there. If you have an iPhone with 128Gb or more storage and it is pretty full, it could of course just be one backup file.

You do have a lot of stuff under applications (although mine also shows over 80Gb in that department) so it could be useful to click on that line and see which bits of software are taking up the space. Looking at my list, having some larger bits of software (Microsoft stuff, Adobe applications) easily ramps up the total in that department. Feel free to show (or e-mail me if you don't want to post it) a screenshot of the first bit of the list under 'applications'. It might provide some further insight into this conundrum.