PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Status page understanding difficulty
Old 19th May 2022, 07:46
Gwolf90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
Yes, it is confusing.

They are basically saying that the different blocks of information are separated by a full height blank line - if you look on the diagram of the STATUS page above, it gives a MAX SPD..........250/ .85 then a full height blank line, then the next block, starting APPR PROC

What they mean is that each block is separated from the others by a full height blank line, so everything before the next full height blank line applies to the current block. Confusingly, they seem to use a half height blank line to separate actions or information which are part of each block, but not in the next block !

So, on the top diagram, the CAT 1 ONLY and the SLATS SLOW applies to the APPR PROC block, not the next block.
There’s a half line also? I dont see any mention of it in the fcom. Also I was more confused with the picture on the next page. The one with the ENG SHUTDOWN.

It says in that, that by some weird logic,
“ldg dist proc…..apply” is related to “in severe ice accretion.”

I never knew this, and countless times in the sim , I’d open up the qrh to calculate the distance and I’d only see “With ice accretion”.

If i could understand the Status page properly then I’d never have to have such confusion.