PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our son wants to be an airline pilot... I have some questions :)
Old 17th May 2022, 16:46
ChrisVJ

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
Chris - initiation period? Yeah, try being a junior lawyer. But I was talking about regular work as someone with several thousand hours. The remedy was to get evryone into a 212 and beetle off to the nearest oil camp for sandwiches. As it happens, I do know one or two people who went through company training then quit to run pubs. Nothing churlish about it - just not what they expected. Or at least, not what they were told during recruitment
Yup!
I had a fourth who crashed pilot selection. Went to RMC as Naval recruit. Hated it. Quit. Finished Uni and is now a realtor. Loves it and is doing very well indeed.

If you really, really want to fly then it is not about the money, the career, or even the divorce. If you don't you will be looking at every aircraft that goes over and thinking "That could have been me." I know, I do it. 77 and I still walk out when I hear an aircraft that is not the three times daily to Vancouver!