PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing pilot involved in Max testing is indicted in Texas
Old 17th May 2022, 07:06
AOB9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Less Hair
Wasn't MCAS created and put in the background to provide exactly the stick and rudder feel of the old days while masking the fact that new, heavier, more powerful engines had been moved far forward of the cg changing the physical flight behaviour beyond the expected? Are today's aircraft still "honest" about their behavior? We even have artificial stick feel. We are far down the slippery slope already aren't we?
I have been quietly following the content on this website for many years out of genuine interest in the topics ( I don't work in aviation). In the past few years there seems to be increasing evidence that the level of automation is creating difficulties for pilots. We have similar issues in my own industry. On paper people are fully trained according to regulations and SOP's. In reality they are not, and this only becomes evident when things get rough, when people are required to dig deep for a solution. I'm afraid it's the world we live in, the "ticky box" culture is in full swing now, I doubt we can do anything about it.