PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our son wants to be an airline pilot... I have some questions :)
Old 17th May 2022, 03:30
ChrisVJ

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
Chris - for many, the flying is the icing on the cake for the nonsense you have to put up with. I love flying helicopters, especially on a clear day in Canada when the trees are changing colour, but I don't like eating rotten food provided by contractors to the Forestry trying to make a buck on my back. Aviation is an industry largely influenced by non-experts. Tio get the best out of it, you need a position where you have a measure of control, as with the military. But it's not restricted to aviation - my brother tells me that trucking is not much different.
Absolutely. But most professions have that initiation period before you van get the job that suits you. Want to be a nurse or a doctor? Heavy operator where you have to go North to get your first job?

If you got the profession you wanted and others wanted just as bad but couldn't it is perhaps somewhat churlish to complain that you are hard done by.