PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Weald v Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2022, 22:07
SoftwareDev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Weald v Stapleford

Hi all, looking at getting my PPL and possibly make a career change at 26 from Software Development to become a Pilot. North Weald and Stapleford are the most accessible for me from where I am based.
I have a trial lesson booked with North Weald in the coming days, but I'm curious to know if there is any reason I should pick one flight school over the other?
If it's anything like becoming a developer, your mentor and the environment you learn in can have an impact on the outcome. I would be able to do at 2 hours a week at least if I can get that booked on weekends and the cost isn't really an issue. I already have my log book.
Am I correct in thinking I can log an hour from the trial flight? What if I took two trial flights at two separate schools?
So far the only downsides for North Weald I have read are a lack of lighting so no night flying and they don't offer CPL as far as I am aware (I know that's far off).

Apologies in advance if these are stupid questions, I have a lot to learn, especially when it comes to exactly what the path is if I wanted to turn it into a career.