PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is damping mode in A320?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2022, 12:04
Uplinker

Received 114 Likes on 70 Posts
No time for a comprehensive reply at the moment. I don't know of any videos and am not a trainer, but as far as the instrument scan goes, the basic T scan still works on the PFD, but also include the ENG instruments on the EWD (top middle screen).

Even when on automatics, scan regularly - just a glance will normally do. If you see anything not quite right, make sure the automatics, including the auto-thrust, are compensating. If not, step in.

Don't get suckered into the flight director. Look through it at the actual attitude of your aircraft. Always read, confirm and understand your FMA.

I would say no problem with reading PF and PM checklists if you have time, but I wouldn't try to learn them all as some do. You only need to learn the cockpit scans, flows and memory drill actions for PF and PM.

Master the side-stick and adjust the arm rest to support your forearm along it's length. Hold the side-stick fully, in a pistol grip. When the attitude is what you want, centre the side-stick then leave it centred until another correction is needed, and re-centre after that one and so-on. The Airbus FBW will hold your attitude within reason, so you don't need to continuously fiddle with it.

Understand how to operate the thrust levers, what all the detent positions do, and what the auto-thrust does, and what will happen if you click out of a detent.

Understand the speed tape, what all the bugs and indications mean and how the auto-thrust will react. Ditto Ground speed mini.

Good luck