PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slingsby T21b WB935
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2022, 16:23
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Swallow 'Instructors only'

Originally Posted by longer ron
Certainly in 1970 at Halton you had to be at least 'C' cat to fly the swallow,P1's/2's got to fly the Prefect - in my case January of course so no chance of soaring LOL
Another bit of 'Mumbo Jumbo' in the Cadet organisation as in some schools it was B cats only despite the fact that the civ clubs used them as basic solo machines.
Even a rarer sight than the Prefect coming around so guarded by the 'CAT's' normally until in my case it arrived at Kenley. Duly DI'd by myself (P2 Staff Cadet) it was placed on the line one quiet Saturday, and as no interest was shown by the IC line I suggested a trip by myself was possible. No chance only B cats was the reply,. but soon countered by producing log book and showing my check out at Swanton the previous week by Ian Ladley with 6 flights made as a thank you for helping up there doing all the usual jobs including flying station staff in the T21 on the wed sports afternoon. 651 was duly pushed back to the fence to get more height and having made over 1000 ft did two loops off the top of launch. This prompted an immediate grounding until the following week when a log book cert arrived from Swanton with the 'aerobatic' box ticked !!!!