PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA attacks colour vision defective pilots again.
Old 15th May 2022, 04:43
VH-MLE

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
I will second joining CVDPA. I am colour "blind" & when I obtained my first job as a flight instructor in 1984, I was not permitted to fly at night, due to my colour vision standard. In fact a CAA doctor - Dr Adrian Zentner told me emphatically that I would never fly at night! It was only because a few individuals (Mr Denison, Dr Arthur Pape etc) who took on the CAA that I was finally permitted to fly at night. Dr Rob Liddell - the head of CAA Avmed a number of years ago, was another who had a far more practical approach than some of the more recent appointees - e.g. Dr Pooshan Navanthe (ex Indian air force) who have attempted to return colour vision standards to the 1940's. I have recently retired with several thousand night hours - all of which have been accident & incident free & have involved modern technology "glass cockpit" instrumentation - which CASA have concerns about for colour defective pilots. I for one believe a return to the previous draconian era must be stopped at all cost!

VH-MLE