PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LPC/OPC faa license overseas.
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2022, 11:45
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 777JockeyIN
iggy, Do you have any link to the regulation?
Okay, I have talked to one of the pilots that have been using his FAA to fly overseas for years, and this is what he has told me:

- The FAA license and TR are always valid (as pointed above), so the only thing the FAA is going to require from you is a valid Class I.
- An FAA examiner and FAA sim is only required for the initial training of a type rating, not for an LPC.
- Whenever he starts flying for a non-FAA airline he asks the FAA for a verification letter showing a valid license, a type rating endorsed on that license, and a valid Class I. He then shows that letter to the CAA of the country he will fly in, who will give him a validation, or a conversion, depending on the country. After that, he will do an simulator check every six months with that airline, as usual.
Sometimes the airline he is applying to, or the CAA of the country, requires a valid LPC to be able to apply, which he can do at any simulator, with any examiner.

There is no link specifical to this, it is just how the FAA works, which is totally different from EASA, where you have a type rating that has to be revalidated every year with an EASA TRE in a EASA certified sim.
The funny part is that I have an FAA license myself, but since I haven't used it for almost 20 years I am as lost as any other pilot.

If stand to be corrected if I am wrong, I hope this helps the original OP and anyone else to find employment, god knows we all need help nowadays.