PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA attacks colour vision defective pilots again.
Old 14th May 2022, 03:54
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
Time for CVD pilots to step up and (re)join the CVDPA

If you have CVD and are a commercial pilot or aspiring commercial pilot, I’d suggest you (re)join the CVDPA. It seems the potential return to the dark ages is under consideration by CASA rather than the result of some administrative oversight.

I get it that there are plenty of people in our society who are set in their prejudiced ways or have a financial interest in the CVD industry or are just on a crusade for the noble cause of the safety of air navigation, with a crusader’s religious zeal that blinds them to anything but their beliefs. Objective evidence and objective risk are usually a mere bagatelle to bigots. But how do these kinds of people wield so much influence in CASA?

What makes me furious is the inhumanity of it all. The people responsible for this latest foray could not care less about the stress and distress caused to people whose career and career aspirations as commercial pilots are thrown into uncertain disarray. These kinds of people are so convinced of their righteousness that the human consequences are immaterial – just collateral damage that has to be inflicted in the interests of the noble cause.

I do hope this has nothing to do with ACM (Retd) Binskin – an ex-ADF pilot – becoming the Chairman of the CASA Board. Military eyesight requirements are not the civilian eyesight standards. The Board might help by asking what operational situation the CAD test simulates, in which case the Board might find out the CAD test simulates no operational situation (the inventor said so) and, therefore, should not have been purportedly determined for the purposes of CASR 67.150(6)(c). But I have seen no evidence to show that the CASA Board has any effective insight into these kinds of issues or any desire to get that insight.

Last edited by Clinton McKenzie; 14th May 2022 at 04:28.