PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2003, 08:06
Out Of Trim

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Leezyjet -

Sorry about the earlier name calling; It was in direct response to your first slightly over the top post.. It just rolled off the tongue!

I'm also sorry to hear about your experience with regard to a major ' loading discrepancy. ' I hope this was fully followed through with Aviance Supervisory staff at the time. If somebody made a mistake, they should admit it and of course apologise and put things right immediately. It is difficult to understand the difference you quote unless there was about five tonnes of freight on standby?

The reason I mentioned that most felt that they worked for VS, was because indeed most are totally VS CLP dedicated and only work for you. (I would have thought that to be regarded as Ideal, as can be achieved by a third party.)

Yes; I'm Aviance; but although qualified for VS CLP - only rarely work within that department currently.. but, always give my best in all respects whether working for VS or other customers.

I also currently despatch VS flights from LGW at times and have never had my authority questioned ever!

I'm also at a loss to understand how you judge our levels of service? Unless you have had frequent bad experiences that I'm not aware of?

Are you saying that you can take over Worldwide CLP with 2 more people and despatch LHR flights over a constant 24 hr period, 365 days a year?
Quite a feat if you can pull it off! Just how much ' D Plan ' Load Control experience do your fellow despatchers have; or are you planning to use some other system, - especially given joint Aviance / VS investing in D Plan 18 - not yet in use?

Good luck if you do! - It's not as easy as some may think!

Boss Raptor -

Your comments echo loud and clear with me! You indeed do get what you pay for! Sadly, Aviation is now far to cheap to fully provide good experienced staff in all levels of ground handling.

I fervently hope 'It gets more expensive.'