PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2022, 15:37
BACsuperVC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OzzyOzBorn
He is certainly a desperately unfortunate chap. But did he allow five hours or require five hours to get through security? Maybe he knew what you wanted to hear and over-egged the tale somewhat?

Not fake, but perhaps misrepresented. A photo cannot tell us how quickly the queue was moving, and that is important. Was one security lane open or many lanes? When were the photos taken - before April 22nd when T3 reopened fully, or since then? What queue is actually shown ... mainstream newspapers showed a "security queue" in which passengers had large suitcases with them ... clue: it was the TUI check-in queue! We've also seen plenty of instances where passengers have tweeted photos of the "security queue" at UK Border ... clue: it's actually the immigration queue which generally keeps moving at a slow walking pace. All is not as it seems, and some are motivated to sensationalise their experience.

Nothing wrong with promoting use of your local airport amongst your contacts. But it is not OK to misrepresent the experience at the competition in order to scare them into switching.
I am not scaring anyone to switch, they make their own mind up from the information available published or broadcasted, simple as that.
As for my workmate, I didn't ask anymore, he just said the whole process took him that long. He said he had not time to sit down and eat once in departures, had to grab a sandwich.
Perhaps some are misrepresented, but you will have to acknowledge enough people are disgruntled, that the issues cant just be waved away .