PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boris and bilateral security assurances: Sweden and Finland
Old 12th May 2022, 14:28
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by Prunus Dessicata
It's an unfortunate time for NATO to be rattling the bars on Russia's cage by further expanding the relentless Eastward expansion all the way to the very doorstep of what the Russian people regard as their Rodina.

They know what happens when a hostile armed Power does that and they know the consequences to themselves in terms of blood sacrifice. For us, the German and French invasions seem like ancient history. For the Russian people, not so.

Timing this announcement to coincide with Russia's Victory Day was not mere happen stance. It's a deliberate provocation. NATO is like a gangster prodding a victim in the chest and yelling 'Wanna fight?'

Threatening to subsume Ukraine into NATO was bad enough. It provoked Russia into an insane military adventure. Norway has a tiny border with Russia. Finland's border is huge.
Go on, I will bite Comrade and the Ministry of Dissinformation and Bullsh*t you no doubt work in..

Far from both countries wanting to be absorbed into "Nato's relentless eastward expansion" they were quite happy with their independence until Russia invaded Ukraine, a Sovereign Nation who although had ambitions to join NATO were years away from that.

You all keep spouting the same sh*te about denazification... while following the WW2 german playbook to the letter, I notice you also seem to forget some facts, here is one, Russia signed up to partner with nazi Germany during WW2, they would have seen that through to the end of the war if it wasn't for Germany renaging on the alliance and invading you.

The ONLY reason Finland and Sweden wishes to join is to protect their Sovereignity and their peoples, and the only reason for that is because of Russias agression in Ukraine that has driven them to that.

You really are living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe the verbiage you are spouting, please enlighten us as to the difference in "Shoving NATO's border right up to Russia's Eastern flank" as opposed to Russia attempting to take over Ukraine and shoving Russia's border up to NATO's Western flank, I am all ears.

The Cold War finished and the Soviet Union collapsed due to the Russian economy failing, something that is starting to bite again with sanctions, and the west waking up to the fact that we need to live without your gas and fuel.
I often wonder is it jealousy that drives you, seeing the Wests standard of living and freedoms, anyone who appears to gain money in Russia appears to migrate to the west to live a life that they would never be able to attain at home... strange that, you built a wall to keep your population IN, not ours out.

No wonder they left, what a dump..

https://twitter.com/MarKittyKat/status/1523752513542918144

Last edited by NutLoose; 12th May 2022 at 14:50.