PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USN MH-60S Down San Diego
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2022, 13:26
JimEli

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 212man
A slightly mixed up statement I think. FO and Capt can both be either PF or PM, however, many/most airlines state that only the Capt can decide whether to abort the take off. So, if the FO is the PF it is SOP that the Capt also guards the throttles until V1, so that he can abort the T/O without the delay of instructing the PF to do so.

No idea what this has to do with the incident in question - are you suggesting the PM/PNF should hold the ECLs during T/O and Landing just in case there is ground resonance (or TR failure)?
And low/high-side failures (etc.) and when conditions do not allow OEI HOGE and in certain environments.

Just food for thought.

Before mocking, contemplate if it may have saved this aircraft and crew. I doubt the Navy's investigation reccomending changing the location of the H-60 PCLs would ever happen.

I wouldn’t suggest it without it being SOP and prior training. I don't expect the thought to be well accepted either, the industry as a whole has a hard enough time getting a PF to give the NFP a proper takeoff or pre-landing brief.