PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2022, 09:21
SCFC1EP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SECURITY

Went through T1 yesterday for 0705 easyjet to Amsterdam arrived at 0530hrs with hand luggage only no queue at all at security was through in less than 5 minutes
Returned at 1430hrs again no queue at passport control and out in less than 5 minutes
Honestly it's a lottery one day you sail through the next you don't, went to Palma 3 weeks ago arrive at 5am queue was outside to doors going onto drop off on level 5 at the far end , but to my surprise we was through in 40 minutes
must admit staff have got power going to their heads put my mobile phone into tray along with a small clear bag and a cardigan only but the phone had the charger lead attached was told to remove it before going through , seriously what difference does it make, previously been asked what's in the clear plastic bag, these are the bags issued when you join the queue, and no there was no small liquids in bag just car keys passport boarding cards, they do not help themselves, and yes on the other hand passengers don't help especially usually the female holiday makers with everything in their hand luggage
On return yesterday no queue whats so ever at passport control but we was directed to boarder control for manual check even though all 10 e-gates were open but not being used,luckily I just redirected myself to e-gate and went through no problem, then everyone else just followed the same, but it's these small things that give the staff bad reputation and can be easily avoided,