PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet cancelling scheduled flights to put on extra football flights to Paris
Old 11th May 2022, 22:13
Equivocal

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you all for all the (sensible) replies.

Other replies are clearly from easyJet employees and paint a damming picture of a toxic company where passengers are treated with contempt and distain, at best. If this is what's said online I can only imagine the conversations that take place within the privacy of the crew room and galley about the very passengers paying your wages. To defend this business decision based on the fact that a now defunct airline once done it is simply staggering. If easyJet wishes to take it's business practices from Alitalia then so be it but we all know what happened to Alitalia. One-off sporting events only come along so often, its loyal customers that keep businesses sustainable. Don't come crying to the public looking for sympathy when it all goes wrong.

Again, thank you to those who contributed with sensible replies.

Kindest regards and best wishes.
Am I right in assuming that the sensible replies you refer to are those that support your position? It seems to me that the bulk of replies are sensible, most justifying or explaining an alternative viewpoint proposed by the poster. You may not like the business model that EZY appears to be following but, as others have pointed out, part of that model is (often) lower fares than more traditional/legacy carriers, which certainly seems to have been, in part at least, a factor in your choice of carrier. One of the ways that LCCs can offer lower fares is that they do not subscribe to things like IATA membership and interline agreements. As they say, you cannot eat your cake and have it it too.